Wisconsin Foundation for School Music (WFSM), Wisconsin Music Educators Association (WMEA) and Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA), all nonprofit organizations based in the Wisconsin Center for Music Education in Waunakee, seek to hire a positive, organized, enthusiastic person with exceptional development, marketing and customer service skills for the full-time position of Development, Marketing & Program Associate. The successful candidate for this position will actively search and obtain philanthropic support to WFSM in support of music education in Wisconsin, will plan for and facilitate an annual exhibit show in association with the Wisconsin State Music Conference, one of the largest music education conferences in the Midwest and sell print and digital advertising for the organizations’ publications and event programs. The Development, Marketing & Program Associate also works closely with all other staff to assure that all programs and services are of high quality and meet the needs of our member schools and teachers.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator in written and spoken format, a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and technological skills, a self-starter and will have proven success with development and marketing, multi-tasking, planning and problem-solving. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work jointly with the development staff on nurturing philanthropic relationships with existing and potential donors, sponsors and grant bequests
- Work with the development staff to produce annual events designed to raise funds for music education in Wisconsin schools
- Use visionary skills to generate new ideas for increased philanthropy
- Solicit advertising from music- and music-related businesses, schools and colleges for Wisconsin School Musician magazine, electronic newsletters, event programs and other opportunities
- Plan and facilitate the annual exhibit show in association with the Wisconsin State Music Conference
- Program Support
- Assist Program Directors as needed
- Assist other programs and services as needed
The preferred candidate will be in the process of completing or will have recently completed a program of study in arts management, non-profit development and marketing, and/or advertising. Ideal candidates will also have knowledge and experience in the following software applications: Constant Contact, databases (e.g. FilemakerPro Advanced), Adobe Professional Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel) and donor tracking software (e.g. GiftWorks).
WSMA offers a competitive salary and benefits package, the opportunity to join a dedicated team of co-workers and a chance to make a difference for thousands of people in Wisconsin by working on behalf of music education. For full consideration, all applications must be received by December 30, 2016. To apply, send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to Wisconsin School Music Association, Attn: Timothy J. Schaid, Ph.D., Executive Director, 1005 Quinn Drive, Waunakee, WI, 53597.