The first installment of the Technology in Music Education, this workshop will focus on the following topics concerning iOS (iPad), and applications.
- History of the iPad, current iPad models, shopping guide
- Tips and tricks plus multitouch gestures
- iPad care and troubleshooting
- The best accessories (cases, keyboards, styluses, and more)
- Key apps for music and music education
- App organization and app updates
- iPad integration: teacher only, small groups, 1:1 (also MDM)
- How to use an iPad in your content area (e.g. elementary general music, band, choir, orchestra, guitar, music theory)
Technology in Music Education three-day series of topics provide insight into technology use in the music education classroom and provide hands-on opportunities to explore applications available to the music educator. Flex time has been built into the workshop to allow for the addition of topics at the request of the participants.
Date: August 14, 2017 – 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Location: Wisconsin Center for Music Education
Dr. Christopher Russell is director of choirs at Oltman Middle School in St. Paul Park MN. He holds a B.S. from Northwestern College, M.A. from the University of St. Thomas and Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota. He is a lyric tenor and tubist, and has presented sessions on the use of technology in music education at various state and national music conferences. He authored an book titled Practical Technology for Music Education which is available in the iBookstore, and authors a blog called “Technology in Music Education” at techinmusiced.com.
- Pre-registration (register by 8/11/17)
- Member* $65
- Non-Member $80
- Undergraduate $15
Graduate Credit Information
Participants who attend this workshop have the opportunity to earn one graduate credit by attending one additional day of the Technology in Music Education workshop series for an additional fee of $220. This is a separate registration and fee from the workshop registration. Please download a copy of the Viterbo registration form and mail it with a check (payable to Viterbo University) to:
Wisconsin Center for Music Education
1005 Quinn Drive
Waunakee, WI 53597
- View Course Syllabus (pdf)
- Viterbo Registration Form (pdf)
- Visit the Graduate Credit Information page for more details and to sign-up for credit.
Contact Mary: Send a message
800-589-9762, 608-850-3566 (Madison area)