Celebrate your district’s music programs and students by submitting an audition to perform at the annual Joint State Education Convention!
Each year the Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB) and the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) co-sponsor an annual Music Showcase competition for Wisconsin students in grades 9-12. The three performance groups selected are invited to perform at the Joint State Education Convention held annually in Milwaukee. The audience will comprise of 1,000-2,000 school board members, district administrators and school business officials from around the state.
Application Deadline: May 26, 2017
• Any group from Wisconsin public schools grade 9-12 may apply.
Please note that we are only accepting high school applicants this year.
• Groups are limited to 60 students.
• Submit 1-3 audition recordings totaling no longer than 15 minutes.
• Name each music file with the song title whenever possible.
• Do not identify the name of the school during the audio recording.
Selected Groups Contacted: On or about September 1 – WASB will contact the schools directly
Performance Information: January 17, 18, 19, 2018
• Performance opens one of the three General Sessions held during the convention.
• LENGTH: The performance, including introductions, is limited to no more than three (3) songs (maximum 15 minutes in length.)
• GROUP SIZE: 60 student limit
Stipend: A stipend will be provided to each performance group compliments of the WASBO Foundation. Costs above this stipend are the responsibility of the sponsoring district.