Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA), a nonprofit organization based in the Wisconsin Center for Music Education in Waunakee, promotes and supports music education by providing programs and services statewide to public and private schools, students and educators. Each year, more than 100,000 students participate in over 220,000 events for WSMA activities, including District and State Solo & Ensemble Music Festivals, Concert Festivals, State Honors Music Project, Student Composition Project and State Marching Band Championships.
WSMA seeks to hire a service-oriented, positive, organized, enthusiastic person with knowledge and skills of program management. The Program Director will work collaboratively with WSMA staff, committee members and a vast network of volunteers throughout the state to effectively and efficiently provide WSMA programs to member schools and their students.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing creative leadership to all aspects of assigned programs (e.g. State Marching Band Championships, Solo & Ensemble Festivals, State Honors Music Project, etc.)
- Developing training sessions and instructional materials
- On-going maintenance/development of the festival management software
- Overseeing the work of volunteers and committee members
- On-call trouble shooting for member school contacts
- Data entry
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal and technological skills
- Have a working knowledge of Filemaker Pro
- Be a self-starter
- Have proven success with multi-tasking, planning and problem-solving
- Have basic computer programming skills
- Have experience with WSMA music festivals
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience with program management or similar background and a Bachelor’s Degree
WSMA offers a competitive salary & benefits package, the opportunity to join a dedicated team of co-workers and a chance to make a difference for thousands of people in Wisconsin by working on behalf of music education. For full consideration, all applications must be received by July 21. To apply, send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to Wisconsin School Music Association, Attn: Timothy J. Schaid, Ph.D., Executive Director, 1005 Quinn Drive, Waunakee, WI, 53597.