In response to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, WSMA is proud to announce an alternative to cancelled WSMA Solo & Ensemble Festivals at both district and state levels: WSMA Virtual Solo Festival. This opportunity allows students who prepared a solo for their cancelled district and/or state solo and ensemble festival to perform for adjudicator feedback, and if desired, a rating.
How It Works
- Use the registration button found on this webpage to access the CS Music Website. Registration Instructions
- Click either the District Registration or State Registration button.
- Parents (or students age 18+) register for district festival, state festival or both.
Students perform their solo for a video recording device, upload the video to YouTube and link to the applications page of their CS Music account (link found in registration email).
*To request that an entry be Comment Only (no rating), please register the event normally and then immediately complete the Request for Comment Only. Request must be received the same day as the registration.
- Students receive adjudicator feedback via email after April 3.
- If students qualify for state festival through a virtual district-level performance, repeat steps one through three for a second, state-level performance.
- Schools, booster groups or parents may choose to purchase official WSMA awards to recognize eligible students (available only at WSMA Award Store).
WSMA does not endorse the sharing of the performance video
outside of the festival due to copyright.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Registration and submissions open Wednesday, March 25
- District festival submissions close Wednesday, April 15
- State festival submissions close Monday, May 4
- District festival registration is $10.00 per solo
- State festival registration is $18.85 per solo
If payment for your district or state festival was received by WSMA, emails were sent to teachers on 3/24 (district) and 3/25 (state) with a code your students can use at the time of registration
If payment for your district festival was not received, credit card payment will be requested at the time of registration
- Students who require financial assistance should contact their school music teacher or email@example.com
Additional Information and Resources
- Prepare for Submission
- Video Upload & Music PDF Instructions
- Registration Procedure
- Virtual Solo Festival FAQs
- Ensemble Appeal Information