Participating Band Resources
- Marching Band Handbook (Revised August 2020)
- WSMA Marching Band Committee Members & Meeting Minutes
- Marching Band Adjudicators / Band Affiliation Policy
- Spiel Sheet Info Form
Independent Show Host Resources
- Spiel Sheet Form Responses (for Announcer Script)
- Participating bands should submit a Spiel Sheet Info Form
- Announcer Guidelines
- Judge Meeting Agenda
- Critique Format
- Independent Show Schedule Submission Form
- Each independent show should submit their show schedule using this form to ensure Competition Suite is setup properly.
- CompetitionSuite Resources
- Checklist (Click “Make a Copy” on the next screen)
- Tutorial Videos (Created by Mark Davison)
Watch Marching Band Scoresheets: What the Heck are the Judges Looking for? Workshop
This workshop is for marching band directors and staff to have an open conversation on the current WSMA marching band sheets and how to interpret them. The most recent updates made to the scoresheets were aimed at providing a better understanding of the scoring and judge commentary. What should you be hearing from judges and how does that equate to a score? Chief judge Chad Quamme will lead the workshop with a percussion breakout session led by Julie Sutton Davila, and a music performance breakout session led by Mark Hoskins.
Questions about marching band adjudication? Contact Chief Judge/Independent Show Judge Coordinator Chad Quamme.
Interested in becoming an independent circuit adjudicator? Fill out this interest form.