Overview of the WSMA Branding & Logo Rules
The following information is an overview of the WSMA Branding & Logo Rules.
It is the policy of WSMA to retain editorial and image control over the use of its name and logo, as well as quality control over the goods and services represented by WSMA trademarks.
- WSMA’s name and logo are the exclusive trademarks of WSMA and can only be displayed or used for official WSMA business. The name and logo may not be displayed or used in any manner by any other individual, organization or entity without the written consent of WSMA, with the following exceptions:
- WSMA sanctioned festival managers may use WSMA’s name and logo on printed programs intended for distribution free of charge to students and the general public attending the festival
- WSMA sanctioned festival managers may use WSMA’s name and logo on printed materials intended for display or distribution free of charge to promote the festival at the school and to the general public
- Use of WSMA’s name and logo will not be permitted in connection with products or services not specifically authorized by WSMA.
- Licensing WSMA’s name and logo for corporations that wish to publicly connect their products or services to the advancement of music education will be considered when the benefits to WSMA and to music education are in balance and strongly positive.
- WSMA member schools are encouraged to recognize their membership in WSMA by using the WSMA name and logo on printed programs for school music concerts and performances by completing an application and agreeing to such licensing terms as WSMA may from time to time prescribe.
- WSMA member schools are encouraged to recognize their membership in WSMA by using the WSMA name and logo on their school district managed website, to include use of a link to WSMA’s webpage, by completing application authorization and agreeing to such licensing terms as WSMA may from time to time prescribe.
- The licensing of WSMA’s name and logo in conjunction with fundraising sales events and/or promotions may be considered provided an application for licensing is submitted and the overseer of the event or promotion agrees to proceed in accordance with such licensing terms as WSMA may prescribe, as well as the Schedule of Fees. See the full policy document for more information.
Style Guide for WSMA Name and Logo Use
Click here for the style guide, which includes standards for WSMA name and logo use in writing and design (PDF).
Application for Authorization of WSMA Logo Use
Download application here (PDF)
WSMA Logo Artwork
Click on any of the links below, then right-click on logo image and choose “Save Image As” from the menu.
Contact Kevin: Send a message
800-589-9762, 608-850-3566 (Madison area)