WSMA is a member school organization. Students enrolled at WSMA member schools must register for WSMA programs through their schools’ music teachers.
However, families of students enrolled at non-WSMA member schools or who are homeschooled are eligible to participate in WSMA programs such as Solo & Ensemble Festivals, State Honors Music Project, Student Composition Project and WSMA Aca U by enrolling as WSMA member “schools” and following WSMA policies and rules related to the programs for which they register. Enrollment (step one) creates eligibility for program registration (step two).
Before seeking membership, WSMA encourages parents/guardians to request that their respective non-WSMA member schools consider WSMA membership to provide all students at school full access to WSMA programs and support. Official school membership translates to expanded educational opportunities at a greater value, celebrating the most good for the greatest number.
About Family Membership
- It is important for parents/guardians to read and understand this page, relevant WSMA Festival Rules, and WSMA Festival Music List (from which performance repertoire must be selected) notes for each registered event.
- Only parents/guardians of interested non-WSMA member students are allowed to enroll their families as members and serve as direct points of contact with WSMA. Private studios and teachers are encouraged to assist with program preparation but are ineligible to enroll as members or to proxy as parents/guardians.
- Member enrollment and program registrations are separate and occur at deliberate intervals online. Member enrollment dues and participation fees are assessed at the time of each submission.
- All deadlines are firm and cannot be extended. Each WSMA program’s webpage (linked above) details its respective timeline and registration deadline.
- Dues and fees are non-transferable and non-refundable after registration deadlines have passed.
How to Enroll for Family Membership
Parent/guardian submission of one family membership enrollment is sufficient to cover all eligible (grades six through 12 for Solo & Ensemble Festivals, grades six through 11 for State Honors Music Project, grades four through 12 for Student Composition Project and completed grades eight through 12 for WSMA Aca U) non-WSMA member students belonging to the same nuclear family. Enrollment is good through June 30 of the current school year.
Enroll now by following these instructions to become a WSMA member “school” through our new account portal!