Wisconsin School Music Association offers a music list of more than 6,000 carefully selected titles to promote musical growth through practice, performance, and evaluation at WSMA-sanctioned music festivals. Wisconsin teachers annually volunteer many hours to review and recommend music for this list in collaboration with WSMA staff.
If you are interested in serving on the music list selection panel, please submit an application.
If you have a suggestion for a new event or song/selection to be added to the WSMA Festival Music List or enhancement to the Festival experience, submit here.
Schedule of Revisions
What will be changing on the list?
Approximately half of each list under review will be replaced. The rotation is as follows:
Due to the effects of the COVID pandemic on schools, publishers, and WSMA, the rotation of revisions is under review. More information will be posted in May 2021.
Are you a publisher interested in submitting music? Visit our Information for Publishers page to find out details on timeline, contact information, etc.
The music list is published no later than the week of Labor Day each year. It is published as soon as it is completed, so early access to the list is not possible.
– For the past several years the music list has been published early – around August 15.
Access to the Festival Music List
- Member Schools
- The Festival Music List is available to teachers at current WSMA member schools as a member benefit through their MyCenter account.
- Students and parents should work with their music teacher to view and select appropriate music from the festival music list.
- Active Adjudicators
- Non-Member Organizations (Private Studios, Music Stores, Music Education Associations, etc.)
- Access for non-member organizations is available through Non-Member Subscription Services.
- Visit the Information for Publishers webpage