About WSMA Membership
Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) is a non-profit association governed by a board of directors made up of superintendents, principals and other officers from our state. Each year, more than 1,000 schools join WSMA. In addition to participation in WSMA programs and services, member schools are entitled to use the Wisconsin Center for Music Education, including the Richard and Nancy Wolf Resource Center with the WSMA Festival Music List (more than 6,000 titles), the music curriculum library and advocacy resources. Other features include instructional space in the Pleasant Rowland Innovation Center, the Whitehouse of Music Recording Studio, Yamaha Music Technology Center and much more.
- As a non-profit, statewide organization, WSMA brings together over 1,000 member schools to help perpetuate music education in Wisconsin and beyond. Since 1932, WSMA has provided statewide music programming activities, offered leadership and support for school music programs and advanced music as an integral part of the school curriculum and community life.
- Students from member schools have access to WSMA programs. Annually, over 100,000 students participate in WSMA programs:
- District and State Solo & Ensemble Festivals
- Concert Festivals
- State Honors Music Project
- State Marching Band Championships
- Student Composition Project
- Students participating in WSMA programs are eligible to receive official WSMA Awards, recognizing their achievements in music. Among these awards are WSMA Solo & Ensemble medals, part of an over 80-year tradition celebrated through many family generations.
- Teachers from WSMA member schools have access to professional development opportunities at the Wisconsin Center for Music Education and throughout the state. Additionally, music teachers from WSMA schools can have a statewide voice through opportunities to serve on program committees and train to become festival managers and adjudicators, ultimately impacting over 220,000 WSMA music events in Wisconsin each year.
- Teachers from WSMA member schools receive WSMA publications free of charge, keeping them informed about current topics and trends in music education, and connected with other music activities taking place throughout Wisconsin. Flagship publications include Wisconsin School Musician magazine and Updater newsletter. Regular email updates and alerts are also sent to member contacts.
- Teachers from WSMA member schools have access to the WSMA account portal online and WSMA program resources, such as the Festival Music List of over 6,000 Solo & Ensemble and Concert Festival titles of WSMA approved literature and access to a statewide network of other member school contacts.
- Member schools receive dedicated service and support from a highly experienced and knowledgeable staff that provides innovative solutions to everyday challenges in today’s school environments. This kind of support is critical to the success of music programs throughout our state.
Contact Anne: Send a message
800-589-9762, 608-850-3566 (Madison area)