WSMA is proud to present professional learning workshops in collaboration with WMEA.
(Due to COVID-19 workshops will be hosted virtually.)
WSMA & PBS Wisconsin Re/sound: Songs of Wisconsin Interactions
- Re/sound Performer Panel Discussion
- Share the joy and encouragement of the Re/sound: Songs of Wisconsin performers with your students and fellow educators via the panel discussion recording. View all or a portion of the recording with your students as the performers discuss their culture, role of music in their life and families, and hopes they have for the future.
- Hmong Curriculum and Lesson Planning
- Curriculum writers, Katherine Miller and Lucy Wrenn, shared ideas and resources provided in the Re/sound educator engagement guides for sharing Hmong music in your classroom. In addition, Hmong Museum interim director, Mai Nhia Vang Huizel shared a brief overview of Hmong history for educator and classroom use. View the recording of the workshop for ideas and resources.
- LatinX Curriculum and Lesson Planning – March 6, 2021: 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Come take a closer look at the PBS Re/Sound LatinX curriculum. Participants will learn strategies for incorporating the Re/Sound resources into their classroom. Student examples and exploration and of zines in LatinX culture will be shared. Throughout the workshop, there will be plenty of time for discussion, idea sharing, and Q&A. Register here for this Free workshop.
- Re/Sound Classroom Connection – Spring 2021
- Give your students the opportunity to explore some of the diverse music of Wisconsin by having one of the musicians from the Re/sound: Songs of Wisconsin project connect with your students virtually. More information coming soon…
If you have questions about or ideas for educator professional learning opportunities please contact Darin Menk at 800-589-9762.