Teachers from WSMA member schools may submit a request to use an alternate edition of a selection on the current WSMA Festival Music List. If the music submitted is deemed comparable, written approval will be granted for its use at festival.
- The music is comparable to the versions listed on the current WSMA Festival Music List, but the edition is not listed.
- Requests may be made for any event listed in the WSMA Festival Music List. This includes events listed as “No Permission.”
- Requests must be submitted by the member school teacher. Parents and students are not eligible to submit a request.
- NO LATER THAN 6 weeks prior to the festival, submit the Alternate Edition Request online.
- Please submit your request far in advance as possible.
- Approved permission requests will be notified approximately two weeks later via email.
- If your request is denied, the Permissions Chairperson will contact the teacher with additional information.
- Print the Alternate Edition Approved email, and attach it to the judge’s copy of the music for the district festival.
- Register the event through the online festival registration system.