WSMA seeks to hire a service-oriented, positive, organized, enthusiastic person for the position of Program Manager.
The WSMA Program Manager serves Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) with additional assistance at times to the Wisconsin Music Educators Association (WMEA), and Wisconsin Foundation for School Music (WFSM) housed at Wisconsin Center for Music Education (WCME) in Waunakee, Wisconsin. This position is meant to evolve with the needs of members, the organizations, and the position holder. This position will manage specific aspects of WSMA Programs and Services and provide support to manager colleagues on other programs and services as determined by the Program Director and/or Executive Director.
This position reports to the WSMA Program Director for all work assignments; WSMA Executive Director additionally oversees all staff for performance and review. This position works closely with all other members of the WSMA staff and certain volunteers. This position frequently interacts with music teachers and administrators in Wisconsin schools.
Position Type/Work Year:
This is an ongoing 52-week per year full-time budget-based position.
Compensation and Fringe Benefits:
This is a salaried position with a pay rate of approximately $51,000/year.
Essential Outcomes, Functions, and Responsibilities:
The following suggests the scope and focus of the position; however, it does not express every detail of the work.
1. Support the effective management and operations for WSMA Programs and Services:
- Daily management of multiple WSMA Programs and Services as assigned as part of a team of three (3) program managers and one (1) program director with additional associate level support.
- Plan, deliver, and review performance of WSMA Programs and Services as assigned that may include the following major projects:
- Music List
- Middle Level State Honors Project
- HS State Honors Project
- State Marching Band Championships
- Student Composition Project
- WSMA Aca U Programming
- Support and/or lead WSMA committees for respective programs
- Prepare and plan committee agendas
- Communicate with all committee members
- Ensure all event plans are in place for all meetings
2. WSMA, WMEA, and WFSM Events
- Member of WSMA Programs Team
- Expectation to work at the State Marching Band event annually
- Expectation to work at Conference/Honors events annually
- Expectation to be on call some Saturdays during WSMA Festival season
- Flexible hours are required during event weeks and time of heavy workflow
All WSMA employees must be able to work in a team setting. They must be able to support colleagues when required.
- Ability to utilize spreadsheets for organizing data, data analysis, calculations, and charting
- Ability to utilize word/text documents for communication, mail merge, and collaborative editing
- Understanding of database structure, relational tables and objects, and use of database for data entry and reporting
- Ability to learn new technologies and processes information quickly
- Ability to adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Excellent administrative and technology support to members/customers and internal staff
3. Preferred Knowledge:
- Software Experience
- Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
- Filemaker Pro Databases
- WordPress Website Builder
- Membersuite (AMS)
- Experience with WSMA Solo & Ensemble Festival management
- Ability to use HTML & CSS in web development
- Experience with providing excellent administrative and technology support to members/customers and internal staff
WSMA offers a competitive salary & benefits package, the opportunity to join a dedicated team of co-workers and a chance to make a difference for thousands of people in Wisconsin by working on behalf of music education. For full consideration, all applications must be received by August 12. To apply, send cover letter, resume and three letters of reference to Wisconsin School Music Association, Attn: Laurie Fellenz, Executive Director, 1005 Quinn Drive, Waunakee, WI, 53597.