January 19-21, 2022 – Wisconsin Center – Milwaukee
Celebrate your district’s music programs and students by submitting an audition to perform at the annual Joint State Education Convention!
The Wisconsin Association of School Boards (WASB) and the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA) co-sponsor an annual Music Showcase for Wisconsin students in grades 9-12. The three performance groups selected are invited to perform at the Joint State Education Convention held annually in Milwaukee. The audience will comprise of 1,000-2,000 school board members, district administrators and school business officials from around the state.
Application Deadline: June 4, 2021
• Any performing ensemble (band, choir, orchestra, jazz ens., show choir, etc.) from Wisconsin public schools grade 9-12 may apply.
• Groups are limited to 60 students.
• Submit 1-3 audition recordings totaling no longer than 15 minutes. NOTE: We understand you may not have a recording from the current school year. You may submit recordings made during the previous 2 years.
• Please using the following format to label your sound files:
(i.e. MadisonHS_Choir_Bach.mp3, MadisonHS_JazzEns_Song1.mp3, etc.)
Group Types = Band, Choir, Orch, JazzEns, ShowChoir, Other-Inst, Other-Vocal
• Do not identify the name of the school during the audio recording.
• Include total district enrollment in application.
Not sure of your enrollment? Check the DPI website »
Selected Groups Contacted: On or about September 10 – WASB will contact all schools directly
Performance Information: January 19, 20, 21, 2022
• Performance opens one of the three General Sessions held during the convention.
• LENGTH: The performance, including introductions, is limited to no more than three (3) songs (maximum 15 minutes in length.)
• GROUP SIZE: 60 student limit
Stipend: A stipend will be provided to each performance group compliments of the WASBO Foundation. Costs above this stipend are the responsibility of the sponsoring district.