Hip-Hop is both a rich art form and a pedagogy, shown to enliven students, spark creativity, and sharpen critical thinking. This workshop designed specifically for music educators will continue to explore elements of hip-hop music and culture, investigate best practices in hip-hop pedagogy, and explore how it can be a gateway toward developing your students’ self-knowledge, self-confidence and critical consciousness.
- Provide a foundation in hip-hop education as a theoretical framework and culturally relevant approach
- Provide teachers with opportunities to participate in hip-hop culture (even if for the first time)
- Provide music teachers with real examples of workable outcomes, strategies, and lessons
- Provide an introduction to technology and techniques for composition, songwriting and beat making
- Leverage the CMP model for planning with hip-hop pedagogy
Date and Time: February 2024, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Location: Zoom (link information provided to registrants just prior to workshop offering)
Hosts: Wisconsin School Music Association and Wisconsin Music Educators Association
Instructors will be announced soon!
Pre-registration is required 3 business days before the workshop.
- General Attendee – $50.00
- Undergraduate Collegiate Music Degree Student – $25.00
Cancellation Refund Policy:
No refund will be given once registration is received. Instead, all recordings and files from the workshop will be shared with all registered attendees.